GEM School 2023
21 Aug - 1 Sep 2023
Ecumenical School on Governance, Economics and Management
Organized by the World Communion of Reformed Churches, the World Council of Churches, the Council for World Mission, the World Methodist Council and the Lutheran World Federation, this training brings together economic actors, church employees, indigenous people and others to learn together about how to advocate for economic justice.
The GEM School has the following objectives:
- Identify theological starting points for economic justice (i.e. why and how theology and ethics are deeply related to economic life)
- Provide a basic understanding of mainstream economic thinking
- Identify economic models and their consequences in different regional contexts
- Widen the horizon of economics by introducing ecological, feminist and other pluralistic approaches
- Develop an interdisciplinary structure for bridging theological and economic thinking and action
- Lay out the political and strategic implications for churches and their advocacy for an Economy of Life in the context of the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace.