Applications for LWF Member Church Projects
Criteria for submitting project proposals
Long-term projects | Last call for applications: 09 January 2023
COVID-19 RRF | Last call for applications: 16 October 2022
Currently there are no open calls for this campaign
If you wish to apply please read the here attached letter and take contact with the Member Church Project Desk.
Each LWF member church, national committee, regional expression or related diaconal institution can apply for one long-term project and/or one rapid response project. For further details, please refer to the information below.
Eligibility to apply and criteria for approval
Eligibility of project holder
Eligibility of project proposal
Financial contribution and project duration
Screening and approval criteria
How to apply
Documents & Links | Contact
- Any LWF member church, national committee, regional expression or related diaconal institution is eligible to apply;
- Only one application per church (entity) may be submitted; .
- All applications must be endorsed by the church (head office). In the letter, the requesting church must demonstrate convincingly how a given application responds to strategic priorities of the church;
- Priority is put on churches that don’t have an ongoing LWF-funded project.
Project proposal must:
- Be fully completed including budget and church endorsement;
- Show a clear link between the identified needs and the proposed activities;
- Demonstrate clearly the urgency of intervention in the case of rapid response projects;
- Show convincingly the relevance of the project’s objectives and activities in relation to the expressed needs;
- Give a realistic scope of the project’s objectives and activities in relation to the budget and the capacities of the applicant;
- Outline a coherent approach and reflect meaningful stakeholders’ involvement, in particular of youth and women.
Ongoing projects are not automatically extended and must apply for a new cycle based on the following criteria:
- Relevance: objectives build up on the achievements of the previous phase and/or activities are scaled up to new geographical areas and target groups;
- Sustainability: the new phase strengthens the achievements of the previous phase to ensure that the positive change will last after the project has ended;
- Increasing financial ownership: the budget must reflect a progressive reduction of LWF’s share and a consequent increase of the project’s own contribution and/or third-party contribution in order to set the basis for LWF funding withdrawal;
- Projects can only be extended once.
- The LWF applies a policy of equitable sharing of financial resources. Most project grants are in the region of EUR 10,000 – EUR 25,000 annually. Exceptionally the LWF can grant up to a maximum of EUR 50,000 per year based on funding availability, project design, matching needs and proven implementation capacity.
Rapid response project
- Up to EUR 10,000 per project, based on funding availability, project design, matching needs and proven implementation capacity. Any amount above this must come from other sources;
- Up to 6 months (exceptionally up to 12 months, if justified by objectives / activities).
The following criteria apply:
- Regional balance in allocation of grants is observed, depending on the most urgent needs and churches’ own available resources to respond;
- The application process will be competitive, taking into account the identified needs and how the proposal clearly demonstrates compliance with the above criteria;
- For fairness, member churches or related diaconal institutions should have only one long-term project at any given time.
Application must be submitted via our online portal:
- For English: https://webportalapp.com/sp/home/lwf_pcmprogram_en
- Para español: https://webportalapp.com/sp/home/lwf_pcmprogram_es
- Für Deutsch: https://webportalapp.com/sp/home/lwf_pcmprogram_de
- Pour le français: https://webportalapp.com/sp/home/lwf_pcmprogram_fr